School Education Plan
2019-2020 School Education Plan
Please click here to see the 2019-2020 School Education Plan and Report. In this document you will find strategies that we will use to achieve the following goals as well as the measures we use to ensure we meet the goals.
GOAL 1: Promote numeracy growth and understanding to improve engagement and achievement for all
students. (EIPS Priority 1, Goal 2)
GOAL 2: Develop a comprehensive writing and reading framework throughout all grade levels to ensure all
students are successful. (EIPS Priority 1, Goal 2; EIPS Priority 3, Goal 1)
GOAL 3: Build school citizenship through the use of The Seven Teachings, character and indigenous education
traits. Promote local community connectedness and student citizenship by developing positive social values
and act upon those values responsibly. (EIPS Priority 1, Goal 1; EIPS Priority 2, Goal 1; EIPS Priority 3, Goal 2)
2018-19 EIPS Parent Survey Results Report
The results are now available for the 2018-19 EIPS Parent Survey conducted in March. Thank you to all families who took the time to share their feedback with the Division. The survey included 21 questions related to the three priorities outlined in the EIPS 2018-22 Four-Year Education Plan:
- Priority 1: Promote growth and success for all students
- Priority 2: Enhance high quality learning and working environments
- Priority 3: Enhance public education through effective engagement, partnerships and communication
The overall Division results represent 3,713 responses from parents and guardians across the Division. This was an increase in responses from 2,918 in the previous year.
The survey results for Mills Haven Elementary have helped us identify the following areas of strength and opportunities for growth.
Areas of strength:
- My child's school is safe
- My child's individual needs are met
- My child is encouraged at school to do his or her best
Opportunities for growth:
- My child has an understanding of First Nations, Métis and Inuit culture and history
- The rights and responsibilities of citizenship are reinforced in my child's school
- Resources available to support student learning
The feedback gathered will help our school and the Division measure its progress toward meeting the priorities and goals outlined in the EIPS 2018-22 Four-Year Education Plan and develop strategies to better serve students and the wider community moving forward.
Parent Survey Results: Mills Haven Elementary School, Parent Survey Results: