Posted on January 9th, 2019
Kindergarten Registration 2019-20
Is your child turning five on or before Dec. 31, 2019? If so, it’s almost time to register for kindergarten.
Kindergarten registration opens for the 2019-20 school year on Feb. 1, 2019.
To help families prepare, Elk Island Public Schools has put together an online toolkit—available at www.eips.ca/kindergarten—to make the transition as smooth as possible. The kit includes information on registration, important dates, programming options, what to expect, eligibility, how to find your designated school, transportation and more.
Additional information regarding kindergarten can be found on our school website at millshaven.ca/
Returning Student Registration for 2019-20
Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) will once again conduct an online returning student registration process to confirm student registrations for the 2019-20 school year. Families of all returning students will need to complete this process to confirm the school their children will attend for the 2019-20 school year, and to request to attend a non-designated school, if applicable. Returning student registration will take place at the same time as all registrations for the 2019-20 school year: Feb. 1-28, 2019.
Access to the Returning Student Registration Form is provided through the PowerSchool Parent Portal. If you don’t have a PowerSchool Parent Portal account, you will need to set one up before Feb. 1, 2019.
To create a PowerSchool Parent Portal account:
- Go to https://powerschool.eips.ca/public/.
- Click the button labelled, “Create Account.”
- Enter the parent or guardian information. Each account must have a unique email address and username—only one parent account is required regardless of the number of children you have attending EIPS schools.
- Create a username and password of your choice—you’ll need both the username and password to log in to your PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- You must have an Access ID and Access Password for each student that is added to your account. Contact your child’s school to obtain this information.
- Press “Enter.”
If you have any problems setting up the PowerSchool Parent Portal account, contact your child’s school for further assistance.